This limited-edition photobook features the top 256 images of the Image Quest 2021, handpicked by the Red Bull Illume jury who reviewed a total of 41,447 submissions.
Be the first to see those inspiring images printed and pre-order your exclusive copy now!
The following terms and conditions apply for your participation in the Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2021 (the “contest”), organized by ZOOOM productions GmbH, Felderstrasse 12, 5330 Fuschl am See on behalf of Red Bull GmbH, am Brunnen 1, 5330 Fuschl am See, Austria. Herein we explain the rules of participation as well as how your submitted images may be used in the context of Red Bull Illume Image Quest and in support of the Wings for Life foundation. By submitting an image, either via redbullillume.com or on Instagram by tagging @redbullillume and using hashtag #rbi21submission, the entrant accepts these terms and conditions.
- The contest is “open submission”.
- There is no entry fee.
- The term “images” refers to photos and moving images.
- The term “creator” refers to photographers and videographers.
- The submission phase for all categories takes place between March 1, 2021 and July 31, 2021, midnight CET. Images must be submitted during this period.
- Images must have been taken after July 31, 2019.
- Photos can be submitted in two ways:
- Into all categories (excluding the "Photo Story" category) on redbullillume.com
- Into the "Best of Instagram by Lenovo" category on Instagram via Instagram Feed post
- Moving images can be submitted in two ways:
- As a slideshow (photos strung together in video format ) into the “Photo Story” category on redbullillume.com
- Videos up to 60 seconds into the “Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category on Instagram via Instagram Feed Post
- Any creators of an image may submit (whether amateur, rookie or professional creators).
- Creators from all over the world may submit images.
- To register and enter this contest you have to agree to these Rules and Regulations/ Terms of participation.
- For creators based in Brazil/ Para consumidores baseados no Brasil:
All rules and regulation of Red Bull Illume Brasil promotion, as well as the global contest rulebook, are available in Portuguese at the link redbull.com.br/illume. / Todas as regras e regulamento da promoção Red Bull Illume Brasil, estão disponíveis em português no link redbull.com.br/illume assim como o regulamento da promoção global.
- A submitting creator is referred to as “Entrant”.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- If the subject of a photo or a moving image is a minor (under the age of 18), the creator must provide a written release form on request, signed by the legal representative(s), e.g. parents or legal guardian of the minor according to local law.
- Upon request, creators must include a model and location release for all images submitted. Failure to provide such release may result in disqualification.
- Only the creators can submit their images. Images may not be submitted from a third party on behalf of a creator.
- Creators can only submit their images with one account on redbullillume.com and with one account on Instagram. Therefore creators can not submit images while using more than one account on each of the two platforms.
- Entries may only be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
- Apart from the category “Best of Instagram by Lenovo” for photos and moving images, all images must be submitted through the official contest website redbullillume.com.
- Images for the “Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category have to be submitted on Instagram via a Feed Post.
- An official digital submission entry form must be completed with each individual image submitted.
- Images that have been previously published or submitted to another contest, may be submitted.
- If any doubts occur regarding the authenticity of the digital image, the original file (RAW or original file in case of mobile) will be requested by the Red Bull Illume judges for analysis for all categories.
- Only images that capture the adventure and action sport culture and lifestyle may be submitted. Whether they take place in the air, sea, mountains, cities or on rivers and trails, a broad range of adventure and action sports submissions are accepted. Excluded, however, are traditional team sports and motor sports, such as Formula 1, stock and sport car racing and MotoGP. The decision to accept and judge will be at the discretion of Red Bull Illume judges. The Red Bull Illume judges' decision is final, which for the avoidance of doubts includes that legal review of any such decision is excluded.
- Inappropriate submissions will disqualify the creator from the contest.
- Images must be submitted to one of the ten categories.
- Creators may submit images to every category.
- Creators may submit the same image to a maximum of 2 categories.
- Creators may only enter a maximum of 10 images per category.
- Photos and moving images have to fulfill the criteria as outlined in the respective section “Image Files/Format for Submission”.
- Images from mobile devices (smartphones) are allowed to be submitted to any category as long as they fulfill the criteria as outlined in the respective section within “Image Files/Format for Submission”.
- Once an image has been submitted, it is final and may not be replaced by another image and cannot be moved to another category.
- All decisions by the Red Bull Illume judges are final, which for the avoidance of doubts includes that legal review of any such decision is excluded.
Entries on redbullillume.com
- Only basic image editing and color corrections are allowed, i.e. brightness, contrast, sharpening, mood and white balance. Images that have been digitally or otherwise modified to change the original impression are only eligible for submission in the “Creative” category.
- Submit images well in advance of the deadline to avoid complications caused by high upload volumes.
Entries on Instagram to "Best of Instagram by Lenovo"
- The "Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category is considered as official Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2021 category.
- The “Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category takes place monthly from March to July, 2021.
- Photos and moving images up to 60 seconds can be submitted.
- Images for the “Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category have to fulfill the criteria as outlined in the respective section within “Image Files/Format for Submission”.
- Images have to be submitted on Instagram on the Entrant’s owned Instagram account via the Feed.
- Caption for submitting an image to the contest requires tagging of our official handle @redbullillume as well as the hashtag #rbi21submission.
- Only single image posts will be accepted as a submission, gallery post entries are not allowed.
- Photos and moving images are judged separately on a monthly basis.
- The submission phase for each month starts at 00:00 CET on the 1st of the respective month and ends at 00:00 CET on the last day of the month.
- The Red Bull Illume internal jury will select 5 photos & 5 moving images each month, which will go into a community voting on redbullillume.com to identify the monthly winner. These 5 photos & 5 moving images selected by the Red Bull Illume internal jury, will be official semi-finalists of the Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2021 and will be displayed e.g. on redbullillume.com and in the photobook (in total 50 semi-finalists – 25 for photos & 25 for moving images).
- The “Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category will have 1 photo winner & 1 moving image winner each month from March to July, 2021 which will be selected by the community out of the 5 monthly semi-finalists. These monthly winners will be official finalists of the Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2021 and will be on display in the exhibition. Also the monthly winning creators of the "Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category will be invited to the Winner Award Ceremony (in total 10 monthly winners – 5 for photos & 5 for moving images).
- The photo category winner & the moving image category winner of the "Best of Instagram by Lenovo” category have the chance to become the overall winner of Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2021, which will be selected out of all category winners from all categories of Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2021 by the international judging panel.
- The monthly community voting starts 5 working days after the last day of the monthly submission phase of each month from April to August 2021 and will be open for minimum 5 days, starting and ending at 00:00 CET on redbullillume.com.
- The monthly semi-finalists & the monthly winners will be contacted by Red Bull Illume Team via Instagram Direct Message for further alignments. If the monthly semi-finalists & the monthly winners do not reply within 24 hours, another image will be selected by the Red Bull Illume internal judging panel.